At this point, almost everyone involved with the process agrees: There will be baseball in 2020. The details are the tricky part.
At ESPN, 20 Questions dives into the details — when, where, how — with a comprehensive look at what and who are driving it: https://t.co/qJfGNLerLW
— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) April 27, 2020
– MLB won’t return until there’s mass testing that won’t take away from the public
– MLB has thrown around quarantining all teams AZ
– MLB has thrown around playing in AZ, TX, and FL
– MLB won’t open up a second before government regulations allow
– Nothing has been presented from the league to the MLBPA and won’t until they are dead set on one direction
– All plans are fluid
This is at least positive news that we should be seeing baseball played here soon-ish. In general all you can ask for is some positivity and this is where we can hold our breaths and know this won’t be easy, this won’t be 100% ideal but we should get baseball back this year.